Our Cooking School
Whether a demonstration class, hands-on class or a private class, our approach and philosophy of teaching the enjoyment of cooking is similar.
– Classes are designed from our knowledge and passion for food and wine.
– Chef Suzanne will guide you through the class and make the class an enjoyable and comfortable learning experience.
– Suzanne's group cooking classes will be designed to include an appetizer, main course and dessert with a variety of cooking techniques and followed by a luncheon in or post and beam dining room to enjoy the fruits of your labor with a glass (or two!) of Finger Lakes wine.
– Class menus will be designed using seasonal ingredients from our garden and local farms, fresh fish from Browne Trading Company and antibiotic free, hormone free meats.
– You will leave with proven recipes you can count on and, more importantly, with knowledge that you can build upon!
Each class will be designed to teach various aspects of cooking and entertaining and, through a building block approach, help create a foundation to gain confidence and ease in the kitchen.
Chef Suzanne, a home cook who evolved into a Culinary Instructor and Restaurant Owner and Chef for 13 years, returns to her home cooking roots to teach:
– Reading, evaluating and modifying recipes.
– Knife skills (hands-on)
–Essentials and nuances of blanching, searing, braising, roasting and baking.
– Organizational technique of 'mis en place' to reduce stress and create a calm and enjoyable approach to meal preparation.
– Combining flavors and understanding the powers of tastes and textures.
– The elements, uniqueness and enjoyment of wine pairings.
Hands-on classes will be limited to 8 students and demonstration classes to 25 people.
Private classes are available and will be custom designed to what you would like to learn in a one on one setting with Suzanne. Private classes are a wonderful and efficient way to absorb a lot of knowledge.
Sign up for a class or our mailing list AT:
Payment and Class Logistics
Payment can be cc, cash or check.
If you cannot attend a class
and need to cancel:
Someone else can attend
You can attend another class if your spot can be filled
Bring an apron and chef knife.
Wear comfortable clothing and closed toed shoes
A waiver of liability will need to be signed.
We will notify you at least
3 days prior if we need to
cancel a class.